Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Books of Snow

Snow is falling all around, on April 6th its on the ground......12" of snow last night...it was raining last I heard, we left to go to the temple today and there was about 12". Crazy! Well at least it isn't raining dirt, it is snowing dirt instead.

Well I got a letter in the mail stating that James was approved for his permanent resident status, which we already knew, and he got a letter welcoming him to the USA.

Our anniversary is only like a week and a half away, and we might not be doing much but dinner and a movie and a trip to the temple, because we are trying to save money and we also want to be able to go to Kenewick WA for a family reunion in July....hopefully if I can get off work for it, I suppose we will see. I can put in the request until they put the schedule out.

We are looking into filling out a FAFSA for James so he might can get a grant for school especially now that he can as a permanent resident. Take a few classes here and there till we get settled and he can go full time.

I am about to start reading a book called "Neverland J.M Barrie, The Du Mauriers, and the dark side of Peter Pan" by Piers Dudgeon. I didn't get much of what it is about, but kind of how from a demented mind Peter Pan emerged. When I saw the name of the book I immediatley thought about Sister Sylvester, a companion from my mission. She is absolutely obsessed with Peter Pan, I suppose I will let you know Carrie if you should read it or not, It might ruin your love for the Pan. So until then, stay away.

We went to the library where I found it under the New Book section for Non-Fiction. I also checked out "Are you there God? Its me Margaret" I never read that one as a kid and everyone talked about it, so I figured I should read it, and I checked out the books that continue from probably my favorite book "Hatchet" by Gary Paulsen. Hatchet wasn't there unfortunantley but "Brian's Winter" was there which tells if Brian had never made it out and had to survive a cold winter in the Canadian Wilderness, and I know how cold that can be. Then there was "The River" or "Brian's River" or something which is when the govt. wants Brian to show them how he survived and then they phsycologist who went with him got struck by lightening and Brian tries to get the two of them down river to the trading post.....so those are some reads in the next week. And then I got "Jurassic Park". So I will be reading, I hope....I like it, in fact I was looking around the house the other day for a good book, but after reading "The Green Mile", chronicles of narnia just didn't feel right.

3 comments:

  1. It makes me sad that people insist that incredible artists like JM Barrie HAVE to be insane, abusice, or disturbed. I have heard that there are rumors surrounding his life and that of the Davis family, but I refuse to believe that a story so inspired as Peter Pan was written by a lunatic. It's like when Hugh Nibley's daughter said he was sexually abusive to her her whole life. Poppycock.
    I have zero interest in reading that book, but maybe one day I will just to fully see the other side of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most geniuses have a taste of crazyness, that is what makes them a genius, normal people can't be such because they don't understand the crazy side that fuels the creativity....That's what I think anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read catching fire today... the sequel to hunger games. you HAVE to read those if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete