Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Anxiety and Adventure

How far along = 36 weeks

Total weight gain/loss = +45 the doc says 3 more pounds before I hit the limit of above normal

Tummy Circumference = 46"

Gender = GIRL!!

Sleep = Sometimes

Movement = Yes, and I love every minute of it. Even the hiccups.

Best moment this week = Hitting the 4 weeks to go

Worse moment this week = The uncomfortable doctors visit yesterday where I put my food (it was really my foot, but I decided not to change it because it seemed a bit more funny to say food) down and said I was tired of being rushed out of the office and it didn't go as well as I had worked it out in my head.

Food cravings = Food

What I'll miss = My baby moving around.

Milestones= I could deliver at any minute now. I don't know if there are any signs of progression because I haven't been checked. I do know that I haven't had any painful contractions yet.

Extra = James got 100% on his Spanish test. I found out that my doctor induces all of her patients if they aren't delivered by their due date. I wish I had known that when I first went there, I probably would have found a different doctor then.

Baby Growth= Forget your aching back (and everything else!) by trying to focus on your baby, who is now about six pounds and 20 inches long, with soft bones and cartilage to allow a safer journey through the exit door. Most of her systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are ready for prime time, though her digestion system — which has done only practice runs so far — will kick into gear as she takes her first suckle at the breast or bottle.

2 comments:

  1. There is no law that says you have to be induced if your doctor wants you to.
    (in fact you don't have to let your doctor do anything you feel uncomfortable about). Don't be afraid to fight for what you want and see if your doctor would be willing to wait for you to deliver when the baby is ready. More and more doctors are agreeing that unnecessary inductions are unhealthy. If you want to wait for your baby to come when she is ready to, remember her health and your feelings are MUCH more important than a doctor's preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they said they would let it go over 41 but that we would have to sign a waiver that they are not responsible if something bad happens...

    ReplyDelete