Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yay for Bears!


So James and I decided to make hiking sticks with the boys tonight....So yesterday we went hunting for the sticks and came back with 7 dead sticks. Today we shaved them clean....and that is what you see to the left. We got another scout leader to bring a drill with a wood bit and we drilled holes into the sticks and brought hemp and beads for them to decorate with. It was kinda fun to see the boys decide whether they wanted beads or not. After all, beads are kinda girly (but fortunately I had some man-ly beads because the girls that I use the beads with used all the girly beads). So we had Jonathan decide he didn't want to sand his, or put a hole in it or carve his initials into it or anything. That was fine by us, but once he started seeing the other boys putting hemp and beads on, he decided he should too. In my opinion, and I believe in James' as well, Jonathan got the best one, his was some sort of hardwood...it is the one on the far right...I like the "hand hold" at the top of that one too.

So there you have it......almost all 7 of our boys...Jacob will start coming next week since soccer is now over......and 6 out of 7 boys is a pretty good turn out....the other Bear Den has 7 boys also, and only 3 showed tonight. I'm excited...we are gonna have a lot of fun with this calling.

On another note...I think I am gonna be getting more hours than I thought at work. It was just the manager and I this morning and I was the one taking pictures. Evidently a big problem we have been having is that people are taking too long taking the photos, and it is backing everything else up. But my manager said that I was doing real real good in the photo room, that I am doing it in great time, and getting great shots. So that was good, and one of the main things they look at in order to give hours is performance......more hours = more money = food on the table and bills paid.

And one last thing.....We have had fun moving stuff with my little car.....the first big thing we moved was our dining room table.....legs up in the air, strapped down on the top of my car....it worked and because it worked we got a dining room table for free.......2nd....a queen size box spring.....it was marked free at a yard sale...so we strapped it to the top of my car with bungees again....and got it home....and last but not least....the top of the mattress set....that was another day found by a dumpster....so it was free too! But this time I remembered to take a picture.....


So there you have it....my $600 car.....has saved us......about $700 in furniture.......priceless......

No comments:

Post a Comment