Monday, June 1, 2009

Happiness always follows

The joys of life....nothing different from when I wasn't married to now....still struggling to find work in the downfall of economic times. People ask me all the time...what brings you to Logan....and my response is always...I don't know....I don't know why I am here...but I know we are stuck here for a bit, because we can't afford to go anywhere else.

I was excited for my new job, and now that training is over...and I still have lots of training hours to do...I am getting about 4 hours a week. I was supposed to for sure work today, and got called out....go figure. What to do? Look for another job...so I am looking....I should hear back next week about the emergency dispatcher position. I would like to do that. If things don't work out there who knows. But I do know that if I am only scheduled 4 hours a week, I don't think that job will last long. They hired with the intent for the staff to stay for a long period of time, and yet if they schedule me for 4 hours, do they really expect someone to stay a long period of time. I have a family to take care of, until my husband can get his work visa...which we are still working on.

We have a couple people who are talking about possibly taking him on by being co-sponsors, so hopefully one of them will work out and we can get on the ball with this immigration stuff...I still need to get them my SSN with the new name (the card) and the marriage certificate sent out....but it will happen. Take a picture and email it or something.....or just fax it, I can go over to LDS Employment and fax it out.

Suppose I will go cook dinner now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment