Thursday, July 23, 2009

Firemen Save Cats from Trees....

Or I do.....ok so lets start with yesterday. I had a feeling that my break lights were staying on, despite the fact that the lights weren't on and the keys were not in the ignition. Yet I allowed myself to be convinced that it was just the sun glaring on the lights back there....even though I knew it wasn't. Then I forgot to check it in the evening.

So to this morning....I was supposed to be at work at 9:45am.....I got there around 10:04am, which was pretty good since my car was dead. The lights had been on all night, not the head lights, but the break lights, not that I would have known how to fix it anyway, I probably would have just taken the bulbs out, but then I also would probably have forgotten to put them back in to drive again. Needless to say, I walked to work. I called and told whoever was there (left a message) that I wasn't going to be there to make sure everything was ready to open. Then I continued on my little way. When making it only a half a block from my house I heard.....

a distressed cat calling. At first I was really excited, because I love saving anything. When I found this kitten it was stuck in a tree. As soon as it saw me, it immediately reached out for me, so I took it out of the tree....not knowing what to do with it, I couldn't let it go because I didn't want it to get hit by a car, but I also couldn't take it to work with me. So I knocked on the door of the house in which the tree was and asked if it was there kitten. It wasn't, so the next plan was to see if they could at least hold on to it till I got off work at 2, then I would be back to pick it up and hopefully find a home for it.

Then I stopped off to where James was working, since it was on the way to work, and told him of the morning happenings. And I still made it to work at a fairly decent time.

I worked my butt off, I don't know how many families I took pictures of, but it was one right after another, and they were running over their appt. times because babies and toddlers didn't want to smile, or hold still, and it was hot in there, and I never had time to cool down from when I was hot from walking to work....and so on and so forth.

So I was allowed to go home early, walked home, almost forgot where the house was where I dropped off the cat, but found it. The girls there were so nice, students of course, they said they could keep it there until we found a home for her.....she is gray and a girl....anyone want a kitten? Anyway, we exchanged numbers, and then I went home. I was going to go out sell Winder, but I got frustrated because my car didn't work, so I didn't have anything to jump it myself, my friend told me to see if it was the brake light switch, so I looked and got distracted by the switch for the clutch, forgetting that I was looking at the wrong pedal. And then attempted to call people from the phone book about Winder...and had no avail there either.

Then I organized our scouting stuff. Planned the activity for the evening with our boys, and helped one of them achieve the status of a bear!!! YaY Chris way to go!!!!!! That was pretty exciting for me, and Zeke almost has his, he only has one more thing to pass of to get his bear!!!!

Then Mark (guy from church) came over after scouts to bring his battery charger for me to use....and he jumped my car, and he fixed the brake light switch for me!!! Yay!!! Then we drove around for a while, James and I, so that the battery would get a full charge hopefully.

Tomorrow is Pioneer Day, so I am going to work till 12 with Winder, hopefully, and hopefully sign up 3 people, and then go out with some friends to Bear Lake....it will be the second time we will have gone to Bear Lake this week....the first time was Tuesday when we went to see and some old friends of mine from Atlanta (who had moved away from there a long time ago), and prior to that my cousins from FL came to visit and we went swimming with them, so Tuesday was a real fun day as well!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment