Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Guard Bird aka Attack Bird

K so it has been a while....but I have a very note worthy reason to write now.....Today as I was doing my door to door sales I ran across a wonderful way to keep sales people from your door. Get you a hold of a barn swallow and get it to build a nest. I was approaching a house and I saw a bird on a bench. It was about to fly away, figuring I scared it, instead it headed straight for my head. So I thought, maybe it was drunk, and kept walking towards the house and it comes from behind and dive bombs my head again. So I began to walk away from the house, thinking that it would leave me alone as I walk away from the house it was guarding....it continues to dive bomb me another three or 4 times yelling at me the whole way. It came close to hitting my head many times and I looking like an idiot ducking on the street. So finally I begin to run...which was probably a good thing, because it looked like it was about to get another friend in on the action. Don't worry, I am alive and so is the bird. Though I though about throwing my clipboard up and letting it smack into it. You know, I am not really afraid of the dogs I encounter...but now I will keep a watchful eye out for my fellow fowl. So I found a video that was similar, except I, the target, was moving away from the enemy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2i8WTnDNlY


Under more normal circumstances.....I have photos from a couple weeks, that I haven't put up yet, so here we go.

This first one is the fire as we were putting it out from camping....you know, the night I ended up getting some 24 hour stomach bug. The second one is our little flowers on our tomato plants...followed by what our plants looked like at the time, now they look like a jungle, it is quite impressive.














Now we have James' idea of making hotdog burgers....or burgers in hotdog form. He decided it wasn't worth all the trouble, and we ended up seeing the same thing in the 7 eleven.













Then for the 4th of July we went to the stadium here for USU and watched the fireworks...so here are a few shots of that.















So that is a fairly decent update....work is going...first week on my own and had one sale yesterday, and a couple people who said they really are interested and will get back to me, which means they probably won't, but I know where they live.....and we are trying to get to know more people, we are gonna have a game night at our house maybe once a week and invite a few couples over. We had a pampered chef party with couples last friday, let me know if you want to order anything, the show won't end till next tuesday, I can send you a link to it. So there you have it.
OH!!!! How could I forget!!!! On July 4th we got 20lbs of ground beef for $16. It was to be sold by that day, so we brought it home, seperated it, and froze it.....we love it when we get our meat for great deals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment