Monday, August 16, 2010

Blood Tests

You know doctors offices tell you they aren't going to call you if everything is fine. When I woke up today there was a voice mail from the baby doctor telling me to call them back.

Of course all the bad things start running through your mind, what is wrong? Is the baby sick? Is something bad going to happen?

I called back and got the info needed. My tests came back great except for...................................................................the Vitamin D.

They said it isn't abnormal for Vitamin D levels to be low here in Cache Valley, and to top it off I work grave yard shift, so I never see the sun, and I am not opposed to milk, but I don't always drink it, it isn't my favorite. So I imagine my Vitamin D was probably almost non existent.

The remedy, take Vitamin D3 in addition to the prenatal vitamin, find a D3 of 800 or 1000 and take it daily. I found a chewable D3 of 400, so I will take 2, they taste good too.

Soon I will be done with work, and we will be in FL, so hopefully my Vitamin D will skyrocket. The nurse also said that I should feel happier, which is funny because I don't feel in the slightest bit depressed, so hopefully i don't get extra exuberant ecstatic happy, I like where I stand emotionally.

I called back because I wasn't sure if that was a Vitamin that could be toxic if taken in high doses in addition to the sun, especially after we move to FL, and she said you just pee out the extra, so that is good too. Once I get a doctor down there they will have to test my D levels again and see if it is better.

So that is the newest, and so far so good still with the morning sickness.......

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys!! I hope you keep up with the posting, I loved reading about Carrie's pregnancy. When are you guys moving?

    ReplyDelete