Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I suppose you could call it nesting

How far along = 23 weeks
Total weight gain/loss = +12
Tummy Circumference = 38.5"
Gender = GIRL!!
Maternity clothes= Finally bought some jeans, way more comfortable, also my cousin gave me some clothes that will work well. I am so glad I am no longer wearing scrubs everyday.
Sleep = We probably have the most comfortable bed ever. So much so that I get such good rest that I wake up almost an hour and a half early thinking to be wide awake....
Movement = Heck yeah, and wouldn't have it any other way.
Best moment this week = Getting a crib, 2 crib mattresses, and a queen boxspring for $75.
Food cravings = The baby wanted tomatoes the other day, I'm gonna eat one tonight too.
What I'll miss = ?
Milestones= Getting a proper fitting nursing bra and maternity clothes.
Extra = I went to the docs yesterday, the nurse said at 23 weeks I didn't look pregnant. And I am finally thinking I am looking pregnant, go figure. Also my test for possible birth defects was negative, and my vitamin D levels are up, though not exactly where they should be yet. I have another ultrasound scheduled for the 30th which is way exciting because we can make sure James is around for that one. There is also a possibility that I will take off a couple days then go up to Atlanta for a visit before the baby is born, but it would be a real quick visit, like 2 full days and then drive back on Friday to be at work at 8:30pm...I just have to make sure that that is what I should do, and then request off from work. ASAP. PS I am freaked out about work, not being around my baby for at least 15 hours in a day is too long, not to mention the 29 hours I will be away from her.
Baby Growth= Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. Her saggy skin will start to fit her frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, she'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!) and by month's end she'll be double the weight she is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through her skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, she'll become less transparent.

4 comments:

  1. i want to hear about your nursing bra (umm WHAT SIZE?!?!) and proper fitting maternity clothes!!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh right, sorry I forgot, 38 E (DD), and I found out I have to sleep with a bra on while nursing...no one told me that one before...so when the baby is born or right before I will probably get a sleeping bra, and then who knows what else.

    ReplyDelete