Saturday, March 5, 2011

Perfectly Content

I have decided that our daughter is perfectly content with her place in life. She is nice and cozy there en-utero. She gets the food she needs, she gets enough socialization, and she doesn't have to worry about too many people bothering her and she really doesn't have to deal with people. I am pretty sure she has taken much of her father's personality as far and shy and reserved goes.

After a 4 mile walk yesterday and no changes except for slightly sore legs last night I decided she is also very obedient. Her whole existence en-utero we have told her to hold out until the 17th of March....of course it wasn't until the end that we found out the doctor wouldn't allow that. But this child loves her daddy very much and wants to make him happy, so she is holding out for the 17th, despite the fact that she will probably be born on the 15, maybe, just maybe the 16th at the latest.

So shy and reserved, yet very obedient. Another way I have come to know that she will be obedient is because if I get nervous because I haven't felt her move in a while and I start poking her and letting her know that I haven't felt her for a while, she will quickly move about 5 or 6 times to let me know she is still there and listening none-the-less.

Today I went to the church to help clean it and the baby red head Jackson in the ward was there. So I opted to hold him while cleaning in hopes that it would make Baby Girl jealous and want to come out so her mama could hold her...again so far no good. Jackson by the way is the one that my little girl is going to marry so that I get red-headed grandchildren. Even if she doesn't have red hair, because it is so prominent in her genes, I can't see how they wouldn't have red heads.

So there is my rant for the day....3 days and counting.

2 comments:

  1. i thought red hair skipped a generation. so even if your kid doesn't have red hair, your grandkids might... because you do.

    either way, i'll cross my fingers for you that the red hair continues. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad had red hair growing up, and so does my niece from my brother...so I am hoping in my family that the skipping a generation has just moved to every generation.

    ReplyDelete