Saturday, April 16, 2011

And on the 7th day he rested...

We really have no idea how long it took the Lord to create the earth, but it says 7 days in the scriptures. I do know that He really is amazing. My child is 5 weeks old tomorrow, and I look at her in wonder and amazement.

Her birth was a real waiting game, first waiting for the approval for my husband to agree to us on having kids at that time. Then getting pregnant (which didn't take long, which we are extremely grateful). The we had to wait the grueling long 9 months of gestation. We really didn't have to wait that long before we were able to introduce one of God's children in the world, many people have to wait much longer even years.

And now I look at this beautiful baby girl, the one who is beginning to show and develop her personality. The one who collects tons of lint in her fingers and toes and neck.  The one who is fairly colicky every night and likes to keep us up until 2am (or daddy as I sleep while feeding her).  The little girl who is losing her brown hair and blonde hair is growing in.  The precious mama bear who can't decide if she wants straight hair or curly as every day some curls appear and others disappear.  This precious Rose-Marie who spent about 10 minutes talking to us and smiling at us.  I even think she almost laughed and it just made us the happiest parents in the world. I sit here and look at her and wonder how on earth the Lord was able to form this little bundle of perfection in 9 months.  Despite the fact I was so impatient on her getting her, it is a marvel that this living breathing joy provider was formed in her entirety in only 9 months.  The Lord is really miraculous.



I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful family.  Sometimes her screams just make me happy because it makes me know that I am a parent, and at some point in time I will be able to comfort her and she will stop crying.  That one day this little girl will call me mom and dad dad.  That some day all three of us will snuggle on the couch just because she wants to (not to mention all the times we will just want to snuggle with her).  Though it hasn't "hit" me that I am a mother, I imagine it will be like when I was a missionary.  It won't be like an "ah ha" moment.  One day I will look back and just say, I sure hope I was as good as a mother as I could be and realize then that I was a mother the whole time.  I wouldn't trade any of this for the world, even if she is colicky for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment