Thursday, January 6, 2011

2nd fun project

So my cousin was gonna make me a nursing cover for my baby shower, but decided that if she bought the stuff for it I could make it, and I was totally down for that. So below is the finished product of what was harder than the carrier canopy but I figured it out and if I were to make it again it wouldn't take as long.
You can see that it is reversible, so there is one side that is girly and one side that is boyish, really I can use either side with either sex, but I can for sure use it with a boy for when we have one of those.
I attempted a fancy top stitch, it wasn't as productive as the last project because I top stitched both sides individually first in order to get the pocket sewed on the corner. I also tried a different stitch, but either the needle wasn't right or there was too much fabric under it (even though there wasn't a lot) and it didn't want to feed the fabric through, so that kinda sucked and was way annoying.
Below is the pocket/rag. There is one on both sides in that same corner, I'm not sure if I fixed that up in the most conventional fashion with it being reversible, but we will see.
Again with the finished product, I don't like D rings, so I opted to custom fit the neck strap. I have more than enough room to slide it on and off over my head and it is the right height for optimum coverage. And there we have it, the nursing cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment