Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Auto Repair


Of course after I come home from a nice drive that felt like forever behind the wheel, when I look forward to having a nice time driving occasionally around town, my car decides it is truly done driving. I need an alternator, fortunately it is supposed to be easy to put in yourself, unfortunately I have no job and still have to fork out $100 just to buy the darn piece. The real good thing is that it gave out after my interview as opposed to before the interview, so I was able to make it...don't know if I got the job, but I made it. And my wonderful husband rode his bike to where I was in the journey home to walk with me the rest of the way. Good thing it hadn't started raining, because it sure feels like it could start any minute, but it was nice and cool and I was able to walk most of the way without my shoes on.....now to find a cheap alternator and someone who can look over my shoulder to make sure I put it on right.......

Good thing I have a husband, he helped me realize that I need to trust my first instinct. We got my friend Shay to jump the car with the cables, drove it over to the shop that we bought the alternator from and got them to test the battery one more time, and the alternator.....it was just the battery, just like I first thought, but let the guy at Auto Zone direct me wrong, So the lady at Checker directed me right, we saved 100 bucks and have a new battery that will last the rest of the life of my '92 toyota tercel, or at least the rest of the life that we have it.....yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment