Saturday, May 23, 2009

Eventful days...

Well the "bank heist" is over....of course it wasn't a real bank heist, just a conversion of software and such. Pretty much the easiest $15 an hour ever. They had too many of us at the branch we were working in, so I ended up taking the old parts (like pin pad, check scanner, and such) and boxing them up. When all 4 of each were boxed up, we waited till the bank was closed to take care of the other 2 computers, then waited forever for the new software to be loaded and installed, then waited forever for the bankers to do their testing, then waited to get the permission to leave....So I got paid for waiting. Not the kind of job I like, I quit my last job for that reason, but it was nice.

I also spent time talking about the word of wisdom when they asked, since I seemed to be the only one willing to answer and the only active mormon in our group. 2 were from out of state and weren't mormon, one was from here in Logan and was catholic, and one was from Ogden but was less active.

My braces are going well, a bit of pain yesterday, today it is just mainly annoying, mostly the retainer, because I still can't talk right....and it hurts to take it out. I go back tuesday to check and see if one of the bands is on right and to check the retainer. Other than that the top teeth are almost in place where they are supposed to be, like I figured because my teeth move fast.

Tomorrow we are meeting up with some friends from Brantford, Ontario. Well my friends, soon to be James' friends. They were serving their mission in Arizona and are headed back, so we are meeting up with them on their way back. I am pretty excited, I love the Leighs!

Other than that, Thursday night we were both set apart for our calling as the Bear Den Leaders....James was able to be in the "circle" for my blessing which was really cool...I thought it was anyway. Following that we went and saw Terminator Salvation, pretty good if you ask me...I liked it and it was loud! Yesterday we went for ice cream, I like ice cream, not as much as I could, but I wouldn't mind the not as rich ice cream more often.

Well I guess my rant is done for the day, pointless rambling....but that is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment