Sunday, May 10, 2009

When two worlds collide



An amazing thing happens when two people get married from two different walks of life. Worlds collide, and in some places that can be dangerous, fortunately for me, the 3 weeks of married life so far has been "normal". Things aren't too much different from when we were dating, besides a few of the obvious differences, like sleeping in the same bed, sharing the same bathroom all the time, and well I suppose we can just leave it at that, but besides all that, things really aren't that different. Our worlds have collided and yet we are not in the ER for head contusions or anything of the sort.

In saying that, I suppose our taste in decorating style isn't exactly the same, and perhaps a few disagreements arise from such things. Nothing horrible, the main thing I can point out is my coffee table. I thought it would be a great idea to make one ourselves, in fact maybe do it so well that we could turn it into a business. So the though of wood had evolved into PVC pipe and hemp. I of course was in charge of making it because James had no idea what I had in my head. So I worked for a couple hours trying to tie hemp around these pipes that kept coming apart. So I decided duct tape should become a part of my creation. After the duct tape I thought it looked fine without the hemp, because I still couldn't get the hemp to work out right. And he doesn't like it.



So it gets a little crooked sometimes.....it is because I haven't figured out the best way to secure my pipe into its own elbow....but I like my coffee table....I really do, and it may not even be done yet...my cogs are always turning in my brain.

3 comments:

  1. I see that James got his bike : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you should spray paint it a solid color and he might like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have to agree with hubby on this one...hehehe. keep trying!

    ReplyDelete